I lost 3 lbs this week!
This leaves only 12 lbs to go till pre-baby weight of 150!
Here are some of the delicious LC things I ate this week.
Lemon Butter Fish Fillets and Green Beans with Almonds
I paired (grilled lemon butter fish fillets), with steamed green beans. I mixed in a packet of splenda and some almonds for flavor. Delish!
Cabbage and Smoked Sausage
What you Need
1 head of cabbage
1 package of cooked smoked sausage
Seasoning ( I use Toney Chachere)
This is such an easy meal. Chop up a head of cabbage (big chunks are fine) and pile it all into a frying pan on medium heat along with a half a cup of water. Bring the bottom layer to the top every few minutes until its cooked down quite a bit. It'll shrink up alot! Then you can toss it easily every few minutes. When it's cooked down to a manageable size, add your cut up smoked sausage and lots of seasoning and cook together until the cabbage is tender and the sausage heated through.
Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas
This is seriously the easiest Enchilada recipe ever and it is SO flippin good. My husband asks for it frequently! I kind of made this up myself so it's not an exact science kind of recipe.
What you need
3-4 Chicken breasts
2 cans enchilada sauce
Shredded Cheese of your choice ( I use the mexi mix kind)
Low carb tortillas
1. Boil your chicken
2. Drain chicken then shred it and put back into the pot
3. add a half to full can of enchilada sauce, half to full cup of sour cream and a handful or two of shredded cheese to the shredded chicken. Then, heat on medium until it bubbles. Stir very frequently. This is the "not an exact science part". Basically, you want this chicken mixture to be very creamy but not soupy. So it really depends on how much chicken you have. Add a little of each until you get the consistency of creamy but not soupy!
4. Pour the other can of enchilada sauce onto a large plate and dip both sides of the tortillas into the sauce.
5. Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture (not too full), then roll them up and put into a pan seam side down. Line each filled tortilla up closely together.
6. Cover the top generously with cheese
7. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
This is basically a hamburger without the bun, torn up to pieces to make a salad.
Hamburger (well, turkey actually, we don't eat ground beef)
mayo and mustard
I order burgers at restaurants and do the same thing! I don't miss the bun at all, this version of a hamburger is so good!
Melted Cheese Taco Shell
Man oh man this is my new fave and so super simple. Low carbbing or not, I can't see how anyone wouldn't like this!
Spray PAM onto a microwavable plate and put a handful (or two)
of shredded cheese (I used a mexi mix) into a circle.
Microwave for 2-3 minutes. It'll be brown and crispy mostly.
Let sit for a minute and then peel off the plate. Fold into a "shell" shape and add your sandwhich or taco fixins! I put deli meat and lettuce in mine and OMG it was so good! I RAN to my husband to try it and he loved it too! This is an even LOWER carb alternative to using LC tortillas! YAY!
My whole family loves these! Crispy pepperonis.
They are so easy to make and when I eat them, It taste like i'm eating pizza!
Ahhhh, it was a good SFLC week and I treadmilled almost every day! The days that I skipped, I opted for a Yo Gabba Gabba dance party with my 3 year old. I think I got more of a work out from dancing to be honest! 12 lbs to go!