These zucchini mini pizzas are such a great little snack! Being the pizza loving family we are, I am always looking for new ways to make a great low carb alternative to my families usual takeout pizza. These zucchini pizzas are full of flavor and obviously so much healthier than the carb loaded kind. Another plus, is that you can make these faster than your favorite pizza can be delivered!
pizza sauce (pizza sauce is usually fairly low in carbs and here you'll only be using a very small amount)
mozzarella cheese (or other of your choice)
1. Slice your zucchini into about 1/2 inch rounds.
2. Sprinkle each one with Italian seasoning (optional, but this adds lots of flavor!)
3. Bake them at 300 degrees on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes or until zucchini is a bit soft but still pretty firm. I grilled mine with a George Foreman grill for a few minutes. This worked great!
4. Remove from oven and then top each zucchini with a spoonful of pizza sauce, some cheese, and a pepperoni.
5. Put back in the oven for a few minutes until cheese is beginning to melt.
6. Remove from oven, let cool a bit and enjoy! These are bite sized so don't be surprised if they are gone in about 1 minute. :)
Enjoy! Happy Low carbing!