Chicken enchiladas are one of my favorite foods, and the recipe I'd been making in my pre-low carb years was easily transformed into a just-as-yummy low carb version. And seriously, this recipe is super easy and has always been a hit. I make these for potlucks and house guests frequently and NO ONE has ever suspected it's low carb-ness!
Low carb tortillas (any size, I use mission brand)
3 chicken breasts (baked or boiled-your choice)
Enchilada sauce 2- 10 oz cans (I use 1 can of hot and a can of medium (red), Old El Paso brand)
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Bake or boil 3 chicken breasts until fully cooked. Then shred your chicken and put into a large pot..
2. Add 1 10oz can of enchilada sauce and on medium heat, stir till chicken is saturated.
3. Add the sour cream and 1 cup of shredded cheddar and stir till everything is melted and well blended. It should be thick and goopy but NOT soupy!
4. Pour half of the other can of enchilada sauce onto a plate. You may need more depending on how many tortillas you'll be using. Then, set up a sort of assembly line like I do pictured below.
5. Dip your tortillas into the sauce on the plate, coating both sides. Then transfer to another plate.
6. Spread the chicken mixture onto the tortilla, then roll up and place the enchilada (seam down) to a greased baking pan.
7. Repeat until you run out of chicken mixture or tortillas
8. Add the other cup (or more if you desire) of shredded cheddar to the top of the enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Happy Low Carbing!