This recipe for Low Carb Italian Meatball Soup is one that I keep the ingredients stocked for at all times. It's so simple, but OH SO GOOD. You can whip up this comfort meal in less than 30 minutes. It's full of flavor, but without the heavy carbs. We typically think of hot soups as a Fall and Winter meal, but I make this soup year round because it's so easy to make and it's always such a hit!
You can add or subtract from the ingredients to adjust it to your liking or carb preference. If you are doing Induction of Atkins or trying to keep a stricter carb count, you will want to pass on this one until your carb limit is increased. However, this soup is a great lower carb option and you can easily tweak it for a lower carb count if you'd like. *See "Notes" at the bottom of post*
- 2 14 oz cans of Beef Broth
- 1 or 2 undrained cans of diced tomatoes (I use Hunt's with Garlic, Basil, and Oregano) *Read notes below*
- 1/4 cup of dried Italian Seasoning (crush in your palm to make it more powdery)
- 1 package of frozen green beans *optional
- 1 package of frozen Italian Meatballs (beef or turkey.) The amount you'd like in your soup is up to you. I use a whole bag :)
1. In a large pot, stir and bring all the ingredients together to boil.
2. Cover and simmer for as long as you'd like, stirring once in a while. The longer it simmers, the more flavor you'll have.
- This soup is even better the day after as leftovers! You can also freeze and reheat.
- The amount of green beans and meatballs to include is up to you.
- Besides the small amount of carbs in meatballs and green beans, it's really the diced tomatoes that give this soup it's carb count. There are 24 net carbs per can...7 carbs per 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes. You can choose to include 1 or two cans based on your preferences for carb intake. Consider though, that you'll probably only be consuming a cup or two of soup for each serving, so per serving it's really not that bad. Some of you though are on a stricter carb intake so to each his own.
Happy low carbing ya'll!